Kane Partners is seeking a driven and experienced individual to fill an Accounting Manager position at a growing, family-run construction company. The Accounting Manager establishes and maintains accurate financial records and general ledgers for the corporation, consolidates monthly and year-end results, assures compliance to regulatory and best practices, prepares budgets and other ad-hoc analyses, and advises management with timely reports of financial status. This position has the unique and exciting opportunity of working directly with the President/CEO.
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting department, which include, but are not limited to, the company's financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
- Review and determine proper recording of AIA Requests for Payment, including Retainage
- Prepare cash logs.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review vendor invoices and obtain proper approvals and coding from Senior Management.
- Prepare monthly vendor and subcontractor payments, interest payments, distributions, fees and other corporate related payments and calculations.
- Prepare budgets for depreciation, amortization, interest and loan payments, accounting fees and other corporate related income and expenses for operating budgets.
- Prepare monthly journal entries including intercompany interest.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts monthly.
- Close entity books and records monthly and at year-end in order to prepare a complete and accurate Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Trial Balance, General Ledger, Journal Register and other supporting documentation. The annual information is to be provided to the CPA firm according to the work schedule developed by the CFO at the end of each year.
- Review completed Tax Returns and compare to the internal books. Record JE’s provided by tax preparer.
- Process Payroll (monthly) and make all required tax deposits.
- Coordinate quarterly tax return filings with Payroll Service
- Maintain corporate compliance by filing all annual reports and other state compliance requirements on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly and annual lender required financial packages.
- Prepare investor financial packages quarterly and distribute.
- Manage bank accounts, including setting up of new accounts, closing accounts and maintaining of signatures.
- Prepare cash flow projections, and other financial reports as requested.
- Assist in maintaining Insurance for General Liability and Workers Compensation.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to seek efficiency and automation.
- Other duties and ad-hoc analyses, as assigned.
- Accountant experience in the construction industry.
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks software is required.
- Experience working with multiple entities in the commercial construction industry is preferred.
- Experience with AIA bill processing required.
- The Candidate should be experienced in performing a complete and accurate closing of the books for the assigned entities.
- Experience with job cost accounting for multiple projects is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or extensive coursework in Accounting with appropriate related work experience.
For immediate information or to apply to this job, please contact Joanna Kane at 310.502.8853
Job Status: Full Time