Business Analyst, Manufacturing
$500 Million stand-alone division of a $3 Billion-dollar public firm. Well established manufacturing firm seeks an experienced Business Analyst to own responsibility for the success of their Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). This is a key role; you will work collaboratively with business stakeholders and the IT team to insure alignment and advancement of successful delivery.
Responsible for translating the needs of manufacturing business partners into functional requirements. Involved in all aspects of the requirements definition process including documentation of user interfaces and support systems and defining integration with Shop Floor Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). Acts as a liaison between application development and business units providing analytical support and consulting on complex projects to ensure system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development of the application.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate complex technical information to business customers and project teams in an effective and concise manner
- Participate as a technical resource for a variety of projects that will be dictated by current business needs and technological developments
- Working closely with engineering team insure that MES systems needs are well defined
- Perform activities relating to analysis, evaluation, building, programming, testing, trouble shooting, implementing, developing, or supporting existing and planned IT products and processes.
- Assess technical infrastructure and processes, identifying potential risks and recommending corrective action.
We want you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related subject area
- 5+ years of IT experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good technical skills
- Effective in leading and participating in cross-discipline IT project delivery teams
- 5+ years with Manufacturing ERP systems
- GE Proficy preferred
- MES Preferred
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions
- Experience with databases (SQL & Oracle)