Buyer / Production Planner
Fast growing consumer products manufacturer is seeking a versatile supply chain professional to assume plant level responsibilities for procurement of bulk chemical products as well as packaging materials, MRO and related items.
Responsible for maintaining site inventory of raw materials, supplies. Routine interaction with suppliers, ensuring on time delivery of purchased products.
Plans and prepares production schedules for each phase of the manufacturing operations assigned, bulk liquids, packaged goods, utilizing the ERP (Infor) scheduling tools, reports, and information available to ensure that all orders and/or order modifications are efficiently scheduled and processed to effectively meet customer expectations.
Analyzes production specifications, manufacturing processes required, capability, and capacity, (equipment and personnel), to ensure resources are sufficient to meet the production schedule requirements based upon established manufacturing specifications including process lead-times and yields.
Communicates with the manufacturing departments, various support functions on the status of production schedules and/or orders so that, if required, schedule alterations can be made timely and efficiently to meet customer requirements.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Place purchase orders with vendors for the procurement of non-inventoried and contractor services through the ERP
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development
- Procurement, resolving invoice payments and receiving’s in the ERP system
- Keeping abreast of changes affecting supply and demand
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to evaluate what materials are needed
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers
- Monitors and restocks safety supplies, PPE, office supplies, janitorial supplies
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures
- Create, manage and maintain an integrated master production schedule using various scheduling tools while satisfying customer demand while leveling work to manufacturing, optimizing inventory levels and resource utilization
- Communicating with Scheduling and Production on any supply issues that will create service issues within production
- Provide daily/weekly analysis and metrics for capacity & planning impact, understand and demonstrate production constraints and provide alternate solutions
- Perform independent schedule risk assessments and mitigation planning, facilitate the resolution of resource constraints and other existing or potential schedule interruptions
- Align firm and forecasted requirements with manufacturing capabilities, capacity and suppliers
- Work with sales forecasts and backlog to derive an effective plan to achieve budgeted, on-time shipments while reducing lead-time to the customer
- Obtain an intimate understanding of the production process and how it relates to efficient scheduling
- Work with the manufacturing leads to analyze, plan and control production activities relating to costs and profits
Keywords: MRP, ERP, BPICS, Infor, buyer, purchasing, planning, scheduling, supply chain, inventory, production, chemical, filling, packaging, labels, contai