Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures reliable operation of production and test environments.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Plans and coordinates enterprise-wide infrastructure projects with other IT and client teams.
- Communicates with teams to keep them apprised of status and issues. Contacts vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Tests, installs, and migrates software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Maintains, monitors, and tunes Production system and applications performance. Debugs source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers.
- Identifies opportunities to improve system and applications performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Trains and mentors staff. Resolves complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Reviews numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3+ yrs of overall technical engineering experience
- Practical experience with managing at least one service container based platform (ex. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, etc).
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems and cloud platforms/providers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passion for problem solving and strategic thinking and a desire to own and execute
- Advanced understanding and application of at least one scripting language (Shell, PHP, Python; etc.)
- Basic development experience in a language such as Java is considered a plus
- A flexible schedule - some activities you'll be performing may require off-hours or weekend support.
The company offers a relocation package, competitive salary, comprehensive benefits program and an unmatched retirement plan.
Job Status: Full Time