CNC Lathe Programmer / Operator / Machinist
Well established and well-run metal fabrication company seeks a talented and experienced CNC lathe expert. Strong benefits, plenty of paid overtime. GM and ownership are involved and care about their team. Room for movement into management for right candidate
CNC Lathe Programmer /Machinist Job Purpose:
Produces precision machined parts by, programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Lathe Programmer /Operator Job Duties
- Plans machining by reviewing work order releases, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, indicating vices. Design and produce proper fixturing.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to work instructions on manufacturing travelers.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintains continuity among work centers by documenting and communicating actions and or irregularities.
- Responsible for completing production releases, following traveler instructions and quality sign offs.
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal and written Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination, Attention to Detail, Judgment. Must have excellent blueprint reading skills. Must have excellent organizational and housekeeping skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
Hourly compensation will be based on experience and programming skills
Day shift, 401K, medical, vacation.