Cost Accounting Manager
Cost Accounting Manager
Client is an established Manufacturing Company with facilities in multiple locations. Organization in period of rapid expansion from their already impressive $1 Billion-dollar success.
The Cost Accounting Manager functions as a business support person to the manufacturing, material procurement and financial management teams. This position is responsible for plant level costs and controls including cost accounting, bill of material audits, cost analysis, inventory management, and Capital Expenditures (CAPEX). He or she will also support the Accounting Department’s activities for accounts payable, accounts receivables. He or she will lead the budgeting and forecasting process for the plant.
This position will work closely with all department leaders to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate/inform department(s) on cost drivers and variances.
- Support the activities of the accounting department to ensure accurate and timely analysis and presentation of financial reports, including flash reporting
- Develop and maintain financial and cost accounting processes and controls. Analyze existing procedures/policies and make recommendations/decisions to change.
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against standard/budget. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed
- Support the Managing Director and the Group by performing ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations.
- Proactively assist or lead in developing projects to identify opportunities for cost savings and profit enhancement throughout the organization.
- Track and analyze capital expenditure. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed
- Provide accounting related advice and counsel to internal employees. Lead cross functional teams for accounting related projects.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Report on group actuals vs. budgets/forecasts
- SAP Implementation work, including verification that the group standards have been applied, including process mapping, beginning journal entries and data migration
- Additional responsibilities per management
- EDUCATION: Strong technical skills in both -financial and cost accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, train, and develop staff both from a technical perspective as well as in professionalism and professional skills such as time management, polished communication, etc.
- Ability to promote and implement a culture of high achievement and continuous improvement through goal setting and measurement.
- Ability to assemble and lead cross functional teams and coordinate with operations department.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Very strong organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment efficiently and effectively. Strong time and project management skills a must, including experience creating, prioritizing, scheduling, tracking, reviewing, and ensuring completion of tasks by set deadlines.
- Display follow-through on all tasks and a readiness to do what it takes and work overtime if necessary in order to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and drive, including a willingness to pitch in with projects and areas beyond Accounting and Finance.
- Display intellectual curiosity and willingness to become a student of the business and the industries in which the Company operates.
- Team player with a positive attitude, good sense of humor, and a desire to learn and grow with the Company.
- High level of proficiency using SAP, especially the modules FI/CO, CO-OM, CO-PA, MM, PP, PS
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required, including strong Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, complex formulas, advanced charting)
- 3-5 years in a cost accounting position in a manufacturing environment preferred
- 2–4 years’ experience in general accounting and financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Financial Reporting: 3 years (Required)
- Cost Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Variance Analysis: 2 years (Required)
- SAP: 3 years (Preferred)
Pay: $75,000 to $110,000/year
$75000 to $110000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time