Join a thriving B2C eCommerce company – perfectly poised to deal with today’s new shopping paradigms and survive beyond. Based on a model of locally based delivery/service centers, currently in more than 500 locations nationwide, and owning the supply chain from sales, product through delivery, this company is growing at fantastic pace.
We are seeking a (mid-career to senior level) DATA ENGINEER
- Full-time position
- Forever 100% Remote! (unless you wish to be in office in their cool Philadelphia headquarters)
We are seeking a Data Engineer responsible for data ingestion and integration. The data engineer will provide technical expertise and leadership on architecture, design, and integration of multiple datasets in a large scale data environment. Emphasis of this position will be in developing and deploying a robust data processing pipeline and streams.
- Responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining analytics about the environment that process data at scale
- Contributes design, configuration, deployment, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, enrichment, and loading of data into a variety of cloud data platforms, including AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Identifies gaps and improves the existing platform to improve quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Evaluates new and upcoming big data solutions and makes recommendations for adoption to extend our platform to meet advanced analytics use cases, such as predictive modeling and recommendation engines
- Performs development, QA, and DevOps roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- 2-4 years of experience in a Data Engineering role
- Experience building, maintaining, and improving Data Processing Pipeline / Data routing in large scale environments
- Fluency in common query languages, API development, data transformation, and integration of data streams
- Strong experience with large dataset platforms such as (e.g. Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, Elasticsearch, Amazon Athena, Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Azure Cosmos DB)
- Experience with data flow monitoring, batching, and streaming
- Experience working with variety of databases and expert using SQL
- Experience data storage performance analysis and enhancements such as data replication, distribution, and compression
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem
- Data QA experience is a plus
- Experience with event-based and transaction-based system is a plus
- Experience in producing and consuming topics to/from Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, or Azure Event Hubs is a plus
- Experience with acquiring data from varied sources such as: API, data queues, flat-file, remote databases is a plus
Culturally, this seven-year-old company strives and succeeds at providing a work environment that promotes collaboration, rewards individual heroes, and has plenty of room for career growth!
- Generous compensation structure
- Work from Home - 100% Remote!
- Equity (Restricted Stock)
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth!
- Great team culture!