Exciting company in KOP area is looking to add a talented and passionate Data Scientist to their Data Team. They are a leader in their industry and known in the business as an amazing place to work that focuses on their employee’s well-being and career development. Want to grow in your technical skills and be pushed by those around you? Then this is the place for you!
Client has an impressive Data Science team staffed with accomplished professionals with PhD credentials from some of the nation’s top schools. Company has bleeding edge analytics in Revenue Optimization, Digital Marketing Automation, Forecasting and more.
The Data Scientist plays a pivotal role in a highly visible business unit within the organization. Client is leveraging machine learning and its vast data assets. The data scientists will join a cross functional team developing machine learning solutions for Revenue Optimization, Digital Marketing Automation, Forecasting and other applications. Collaborating with data engineers and subject matter experts, the data scientist will deliver results which support directional action by business teams across the Market Intelligence, Finance, Sales, Operations, and Technology functions. They will partner with other data scientists to establish best practices and thought leadership for a machine learning platform to serve broad business units.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business problems through interviewing stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Derive what is critical and what is extraneous to solving the business problem. Understand the data requirements for formulating the solution
- Research new data sets and determine their quality and feasibility
- Manipulate data to support various statistical techniques
- Build machine learning models appropriate for each business problem
- Collaborate with data engineers to ensure solutions are successfully operationalized
- Effective story telling with data. Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
- Passionate about machine learning. A thought leader who researches latest tools, techniques, and trends and looks for innovative approaches
- Always learning – about data science, industry, market, business, etc.
- Critical thinking skills. Ability to assess a situation from multiple points of view
- High personal and professional standards; unassailable integrity and ethics
- High-energy and self-starter personality.
- Strong structured coding skills.
- Masters or PhD in computer science, analytics or other Quantitative Discipline line of study
- At least 5+ years’ experience performing advanced quantitative analyses
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Kmeans, NLP, Naive Bayes, SVM, etc. Experience with recommendation engines.
- Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits in R and Python
- Experience working in with cloud environments
- Experience with relational databases and proficiency in query languages such as SQL
Pay: $100,000 to $130,000/year
$100000 to $130000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time