Desktop Support Specialist
US Citizen only.
Division of $3 Billion public company seeking an IT desktop and application support engineer to provide support for a broad base of users. Candidate must have exceptional technical, communication and interpersonal skills. All technology related questions and issues from PC’s, Virtual Desktops, Managed Print to mobile devices (iOS and Android) will be handled by the support engineer.
In this role, you will configure, install, administer, operate, upgrade, monitor, sustain, and support existing data centers, networks, hardware, software, processes, applications, systems, databases, desktops, peripherals, and other related infrastructure. You will be responsible for service delivery across all technology domains and all consumers, including execution of all backup, recovery, disaster recovery, and related capabilities.
- Performs a range of assignments related to your job discipline
- Accountable for your own work and effective coordination of process and information with others
- Works independently within guidelines and policies for ongoing work; may receive general mentoring on new assignments
- Utilize and create PowerShell code
Role summary and job responsibilities
- Takes immediate actions to resolve technology service disruptions when they occur
- Evaluates and acts on the production readiness for technology solution implementations and application deployments
- Analyzes performance trends and crafts action plans to address potential impacts prior to impacts occurring
- Mentors more junior members of the team
- Actively helps team members and makes suggestions to improve practices
- Typically requires 2+ years of relevant experience including advanced enterprise Windows troubleshooting experience
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of a subset of the technology portfolio
- Ensures incidents impacting technology availability are resolved within policy standards
- Examines and collects data for trending capacity utilization
- Maintains a high proficiency in code management to ensure procedures are aligned to standard methodologies
- Identifies performance tuning opportunities that will produce improvements to processing or capacity
- 5+ years of advanced enterprise mobile support experience is preferred
- 5+ years of advanced enterprise Windows troubleshooting experience is preferred