Diesel Mechanic second shift (4:00-10:00 PM)
Client is a GREAT and large employer, growing in the region – Fantastic opportunity with room for corporate growth
Client Looking for a Senior or Lead Diesel Mechanic.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- A desire to have a career path leading to a management position would be idealSkill in operating tools, special purpose equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
- Effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
- Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
This shop is modern, clean, and organized!
To be successful as a Senior Diesel Mechanic, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
- As a senior mechanic you'll, at times, supervise maintenance duties in the absence of your manager.