Our client, part of a large, local healthcare organization that is well regarded for their superior facilities and care is rapidly growing – In this Hospital Setting the seek a Director of Geriatrics. Client is an acute care hospital with more than 500 beds and is also a teaching and clinical setting. They seek a candidate to oversee geriatric care, and teach residents in a quality focused medical environment. Treatment is provided for memory, cognitive and psychiatric care in a non-primary setting. Associated with an excellent medical school with more than 300 students enrolled.
A full-time, Board-certified Geriatric Medicine Physician to serve as the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program Director. The Program Director will have 50% dedicated time to administer to the fellowship training program. The Program Director position requires an academic background supportive of an appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level with the College of Medicine. The Program Director requires a physician with a track record of leadership, research, clinician educator, mentoring professionalism and role modeling. The Program Director needs to have a background in geriatric medicine. The fellowship program focuses on excellence in clinical care and teaching in a collegial atmosphere. The Program Director will serve as a geriatric medicine clinical attending and as the geriatric medicine fellowship program director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Medical Degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Pennsylvania state license or eligible to obtain license prior to start.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine; fellowship trained
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in active faculty member role in an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency or geriatric medicine fellowship
- Be familiar with, and comply with, ACGME training and reporting requirements
- Communicate with Section Chief, DIO, trainees, faculty, GMEC and ACGME
- Participate in academic societies and in educational programs designed to enhance educational and administrative skills
- Provide geriatric care in both inpatient and outpatient settings