Director Land Acquisition
Large, established home builder with many active communities seeks a Director Land Acquisition. Sky’s the limit for an established, knowledgeable Land Acquisition pro to join a fully funded organization with continued growth ahead. High quality and respected builders – great opportunity
The right candidate will Manage land acquisition for the region. Find, place under contract, receive governmental approval and close on new land that meets the region’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all land acquisition activities
- Develop business community relationships and scout other avenues for possible acquisitions
- Negotiates the acquisition of properties with landowners, attorneys or brokers
- Prepare land valuation analysis and corporate budgets
- Prepare memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys
- Manage due diligence process on land acquisition opportunities, including initial master planning work in close coordination with land development team
- Manage and coordinate resources for and meet all entitlement needs for land acquisitions
- Monitor development phases and entitlement processes post-closing
- Maintain due diligence documentation
- Update management on acquisition status and issues on a timely basis
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company