Director of IT
Director of IT
Kane Partners has been retained by Senseonics Holdings in their search for a Director of IT. Senseonics Holdings, Inc. (NYSE American: SENS) is a global medical technology company focused on the design, development and commercialization of continuous glucose monitoring products. Firm seeks their first Information Technology professional to guide their technology landscape. Headquartered in Germantown, MD company currently relies entirely on Managed Service Providers for their Application and Infrastructure support for 250+ Employees
Senseonics was established in 1997 as Sensors for Medicine and Science. From the time of original founding until 2011 the Company was primarily focused on early research for implanted sensors. In 2011 the Board and management decided to focus the company’s efforts on developing and commercializing a Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) system.
Senseonics is a medical technology company whose mission is to develop and commercialize transformative glucose monitoring products that enable people with diabetes to confidently live their lives with ease. Senseonics strategic decisions and operational plans are all developed to fulfill its mission for people with diabetes.
The company’s Eversense® Continuous Glucose Monitoring System is designed to be a reliable, long-term, implantable CGM system to continually and accurately measure glucose levels in people with diabetes.
The Director IT, Enterprise Applications and Infrastructure is responsible to plan, direct, and manage the IT General and Administrative (G&A) systems, the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment and infrastructure across the company. This individual will be a key member of the leadership organization and will oversee the roadmap, external resources and internal IT team as it develops. The Director will lead business and IT initiatives for Enterprise and G&A applications (e.g. Finance, HR, Legal, and Purchasing).
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the organization to foster a business-oriented culture to ensure alignment and contribution to the company and functional goals and objectives.
- Lead the development of the Enterprise IT strategy and roadmap and ensure the integration with the overall enterprise strategic plans through coordination with the President, COO and CFO as well as other business leaders.
- Act as a trusted advisor to your business partners to build and maintain relationships with other leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of the Enterprise and G&A business needs and corresponding delivery of IT services to meet those needs for the organization.
- Develop and control the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for the Enterprise IT effort to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives and is within the overall plan.
- Ensure that all Enterprise IT services and processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards, legislation, and regulations (e.g. FDA, GxP, Sarbanes-Oxley, GDPR, HIPAA)
- Direct the IT Enterprise and G&A vendor management strategy to make the most effective use of available internal, contract, and external service provider resources and provide management oversight for strategic partner relationships and vendor contracts.
- Foster innovation and creative solutions to the meet opportunities within the company and respond with agility to changing business and enterprise priorities.
- Manage project risks in a timely manner to ensure that adverse outcomes are minimized and controlled.
- Provide leadership, direction and day-to-day oversight to the Enterprise IT effort (including staffing, budgeting, and other relevant management and administrative functions).
- Provide leadership to ensure the overall digital strategy matures appropriately as Company’s needs grow. Participate in senior business leadership discussions where you will be asked to provide business relevant updates on IT initiatives and strategies.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent); advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of technology leadership experience with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- 5+ years of working experience managing, ERP and other G&A and Corporate IT initiatives including large external service provider partnerships within Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech environment. (Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience managing IT services and solutions related to Finance, HR, Legal, Purchasing, and ERP landscape.
- Demonstrated capability in managing and executing IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing diverse work teams working in remote locations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading IT implementations to enhance business operations.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an Enterprise IT vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns to the IT and business strategy.
- Strong organizational skills and experience building consensus.
- Ability to perform under pressure and lead multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong corporate systems focus with knowledge of interdependencies that impact the management of Enterprise Applications between various functions and throughout an organization.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management.
- Strong vendor management and partner relationship skills to identify and leverage both internal/external resources to enhance capabilities that support the business objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to corporate business leaders, and business concepts to the IT workforce.
- Experience with full software development life cycle in regulated environment (FDA, GxP, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR and other data privacy, computer system validation) a plus.
- Proven track record for on-time, on-budget delivery over a portfolio of projects.
- Ability to adapt and remain effective in a changing environment.
- Deep understanding of IT systems management across a global organization.
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Inspirational and adaptive leadership style that promotes and fosters innovation, cross-site and cross-functional collaboration, and commitment to an IT and company vision.
- Ability to instill confidence in business organizations and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Results-oriented individual with strong influencing, problem solving and negotiation skills that drive accountability.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with senior management, key business stakeholders, and external partners to champion change across the organization.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions to positive outcomes.
Pay: $150,000 to $200,000/year
$150000 to $200000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time