Director of Operations
Kansas City area high reliability electronic component manufacturer is seeking a Director of Operations (General Manager) to join their team! This important leader will hail from electronics manufacturing and be in involved with strategic direction and goal setting, setting plant and departmental budgets, will lead administration, foster culture of increased productivity through diligent management of core business processes and use of technology and data. The right candidate will search out opportunities for continuous improvement of how work gets done efficiently and accurately.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the Operations organization that mirrors the mission and core values of the company.
- Leadership of a high volume, high turn electronics manufacturing
- Set and manage continuous improvement processes
- Determine optimal systems and/or process enhancements
- Set and manage plant budgets
- Maintain and evolve a data-driven look for the organization through Key Performance Indicators
- Partner with team to build reporting and analyses that help operational teams to support existing and prospective client needs through continuous process improvement.
- Leadership experience from electronics manufacturing environment, establishing timelines, delegating authority, and holding people accountable to deliverables through regular oversight and management
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference towards business, economics, or technology background
- Master’s degree with focus in business, operations, or economics is a plus
- At least five (5) years’ strong operational experience
- At least three (3) years’ management of small- to medium-sized team
- Exposure to lean management training or six-sigma concepts is a plus
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an interest in proactively collaborating with other leaders and routinely partnering with team members
- Demonstrated leadership in previous roles, with measurable results and successful development and advancement of team members
- Analytical mindset and acumen, including an ability to understand the organizational need and establish the right processes, measures, and/or expectations for exceeding client expectations
- Deep sense of responsibility to create a technology vision and encourage team members to own and execute on realizing a future state of the organization