Director of Supply Chain
- Lead a multi-level team
- Partners with the technical and quality teams to create and manage risk mitigation plans or corrective action plans for supplier performance or quality issues and ensures timely and appropriate escalation of supplier issues
- Oversee adherence to project and resource budget. Analyze spending to operate the most efficient departments.
- Oversee global logistics operations, maintain perishable and non-perishable inventory, and ensure transaction integrity across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of asset and inventory management systems.
- Oversee drivers’ schedules.
- Assess and maintain Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance through accurate record keeping and supervision in coordination with the Fleet Manager.
- Lead competitive position analysis, develop, and implement long-range asset acquisition and equipment staging plans.
- Perform and review on-going analysis of existing processes, facilities and equipment, eliminating non-value-added services to ensure these are adequate to accomplish the tasks of the Distribution department with continued success.
- Foster successful operational activities through planning with operation managers, vendors, and suppliers to ensure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Conduct regular safety training for employees.
- Ensures capacity planning in line with changing demand and investigates capacity against mid and long term forecast to identify key constraints and opportunities.
- Oversees and leads supplier governance activities, coordinates executive oversight meetings and monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics, manages supplier issues that may effect on-time and cost-effective supply of materials and product, and negotiates and manages supplier agreements.
- Establishes departmental and individual goals and objectives in alignment with corporate goals and priorities. Identifies performance improvement targets and metrics.
- Manage inventory across multiple sites to ensure appropriate inventory levels, clear up queues, and minimize inventory expiration.
- 8+ years of relevant supply chain and logistics experience preferably with cold storage and food/beverage industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Management Sciences or related field required
- Master’s in Supply Chain Management or Business preferred
- Senior leadership in supply chain including sourcing, inventory strategy, service models, and implications of offer elements preferred