Director Technical Operations
Director Technical Operations
Well established Software Company with leading solutions in the Service World seeks to fill a Key Role in their organization for a Director Technical Operations for the Customer Delivery and Support of their ERP solutions. Role provides and requires depth and breadth of knowledge.
Job Title: Director, Technical Operations
The Director, Technical Operations will lead client’s software implementation and Customer Technical Support initiatives.
They will oversee the implementation team and report to the SVP of Professional Services. This role requires a strategic thinker who has the capability to build upon the existing foundation to develop scalable solutions that meet our client’s goals while automating processes. This requires a highly organized person who can manage multiple initiatives, with project / time management and client relationships being critical.
The Director Technical Operations will support direct reports by removing barriers to success and driving operation and process improvements that will allow the team to gain efficiencies and deliver an optimal customer experience. This position should have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Additional responsibilities include establishing key performance metrics, reporting on the progress of these metrics, and interfacing with internal team members in various departments, including development, product management, sales, and marketing.
The role is well suited for a seasoned technology executive, preferably with a technical and product-based background, to lead our Customer Implementation initiatives successfully.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Take ownership over the implementation program, drive efficiencies, and continuously improve the overall customer onboarding experience
- Optimize the onboarding program while allowing for real-time reporting of progress
- Formulate best practices, both technically and functionally, needed to address customer needs
- Collaborate with our relationship management and support teams to execute a seamless handoff from implementation
- Ensure feedback is relayed from implementation to the product and development teams
- Be the point of escalation for the implementation team; handle client complaints and provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within time constraints
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues in product, sales, and marketing to champion new methods and innovate Company forward
- Communicate best practice and, when needed, professionally explain why certain client requests are not available
- Be a mentor to the team on business communications leading toward improved shared outcomes
- Be a self-starter with strong work ethic, common sense, and a positive attitude
- Have strong analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and an eye for error prevention
- Have the ability to adapt plans to changing circumstances
- Have the ability to prioritize a list of projects and focus on higher value tasks with more immediate deadlines
- Relationship building, setting expectations, management skills, de-escalating and/or preventing escalation is critical
- Follow, and continually strive to improve, communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Desire to go "above and beyond" to engage Company’s clients
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing enterprise SaaS or ERP software applications
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to manage and interact with different types of teams (customer, engineering, data management, product, sales, marketing, external partners, etc.)
- Proven experience managing complex, multi-faceted projects
- Proven track record implementing best practices with continuous process improvement and data-based reporting
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with the ability to engage at all levels of an organization
- Technically proficient, willing and able to be a player-coach, diving into the details to complete successful implementations
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to manage relationship and expectations
- Excellent focus, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience managing simultaneous software implementations for multiple clients.
- Experience researching, troubleshooting, and solving complex software issues a plus
- Experience working in a software technology firm
- Experience using project management software to drive joint accountability and alignment with customers and teammates
- Must have ability to travel, as needed
Pay: $125,000 to $165,000/year
$125000 to $165000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time