The EHS Manager is responsible for ensuring all environmental programs, procedures, training, work practices and controls are effectively implemented for the facility. This position is responsible for identifying applicable environmental regulations and risks while interacting with all departments to implement acceptable systems in order to ensure compliance and conformance to EHS Policies and Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets and communicates environmental, health & safety standards impacting the company and satellite operations. Develops, coordinates implementation, and maintains programs designed to minimize EHS risks.
- Coordinates incident investigation, reporting, and follow-up with involved departments and Human Resources. Initiates follow-up action and communication; maintains appropriate files and records in accordance with regulatory record retention requirements.
- Monitors daily activities of all departments in a manner to prevent harm to employees, visitors, public health and the environment. Promotes the conservation of energy, water, and raw materials; and the integration of pollution prevention.
- Safety Programs- Facilitates and directs the Safety Committee, First Responders and related meetings. Facilitates the company safety programs such as IIPP in a manner consistent with established requirements and external standards. Promotes employee safety awareness through the development, implementation and administration of a variety of training, incentive and communication programs.
- Health Programs- Coordinates the provision of competent first aid and/or treatment for work-related injuries/illnesses, health maintenance/medical surveillance and referral services for the company employees. Coordinates industrial hygiene, monitoring for noise, particulates, hydrocarbon vapor, etc. in accordance with the company and regulatory requirements. Maintains related records and coordinated the Workers Compensation Program in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Environmental Programs- Obtains, maintains, and ensures compliance with County, State, and Federal environmental-related approvals, permits, plans, registrations; and routine or periodic reporting related to non-hazardous waste.
- Security Programs - Develops, coordinates and ensures implementation of security programs in accordance with applicable Homeland Security requirements.
- Regulation Compliance - Ensures company facilities are in compliance with external safety, health and regulations such as OSHA, EPA, through assessment and inspection; monitoring, compiling and analyzing relevant test data; meeting reporting and permit requirements of relevant agencies; and working closely with personnel to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Develops, coordinates and ensures implementation of Emergency Response and Disaster Planning Programs
- Understands all potential safety and environmental hazards of chemical raw materials handled/stored at company locations. Takes steps to reduce the use of problematic chemicals and/or mitigate any potential safety and environmental health hazards.
- Reviews, creates and oversees accuracy of SDS and safety-related language on product labels to ensure content and warnings comply with applicable regulations.
- Manages a work team, which includes technical and administrative level positions.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Safety &
- Health, EH&S Management, or a related field required.
- 3-6 years of experience within the Environmental Health and
- Safety function required.
Job Status: Full Time