Electrical Estimator / Project Manager
Our client is experience tremendous growth, and is currently looking for Estimators and Project Managers with very strong commercial electrical construction experience. If you love being in the field, and engaging with potential and existing clients on their projects, lending your expertise to deliver high quality work, then this is the position for you.
- Bid projects with enough detail to provide accurate budgets and purchase orders
- Develop a plan for doing design build work and create project plan
- Responsible for computerized estimating system, database, labor factors, updates
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant documents to identify what is needed to create a bid proposal.
- Calculates the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents.
- Consults with clients, vendors and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Attends job site walk-throughs as necessary to ensure that any field conditions that may potentially affect or impact the construction, prospective bid or pre-construction designs are properly handled.
- Work alongside other estimators, project managers and project engineers on change orders and cost to complete estimates of ongoing projects.
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while taking into account specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed.
- Identifies any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems in the bid documents.
- Anticipates potential problems and is proactive by taking action.
- Requests material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Reviews quotes to confirm adherence to quote specifications and accuracy of quotes received.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with vendors.
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each project and evaluations with adjustments for buy-outs, labor rate, productivity, etc.
- Designs electrical service systems for projects including building and pre-construction services.
- May attend estimating/sales meetings, and project meetings to discuss bid status, and present/solve problems.
- Meets with general contractors and site personnel, as needed.
- Keeps company personnel, clients, general contractors, and all others current on bid progress.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Job Status: Full Time