Engineering Manager, Mobile
Exciting eCommerce company in KOP area is looking to add a talented and passionate Engineering Manager, Mobile Developer to their Team. They are a leader in their industry, highly profitable, publicly held and known in the business as an amazing place to work that focuses on their employee’s well-being and career development. Want to grow in your technical skills and be pushed by those around you? Then this is the place for you!
Lead our growing mobile engineering teams as they design, implement, deploy and operate our mobile platform, from devices and mobile sensors to API’s. This position provides an opportunity to evolve key pillars of Medidata’s strategy for powering smarter treatments.
- Directs the activities of a software systems development function, software applications development function, and a software quality assurance function for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools
- Oversee the analysis, design, delivery, and evolution of our mobile platform. Responsibilities span mobile applications, sensors, and platform API’s.
- Builds relationships with product managers, marketing, sales, and users to enable development teams to more effectively prioritize requirements and delivery efforts
- Grow the organization through effective hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members.
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
- Inspire, empower and motivate the organization, leading by example.
- Interact with executives and/or major customers to establish and communicate a technical vision for our data capture platform.
- Proven leadership in driving and growing several agile software development teams across multiple engineering managers
- Proven leadership scaling application development teams that are self-organizing, loosely coupled, yet highly aligned
- Technical experience with iOS and Android, designing and consuming RESTful API’s for mobile consumers, building data products on mobile data streams, mobile application testing, and designing high impact and easy to use SDK’s
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent years of experience
- Experience leading software engineering teams building mobile applications and API’s.
- Experience mentoring the next generation of engineering leaders in an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills