As a Financial Analyst you will collect, organize and evaluate information that facilitates decision making for the organization. The position works closely with the Senior Manager of Operations Finance and other team members on multi-disciplinary projects including margin improvement efforts, operational effectiveness, and innovative growth opportunities. This individual will become a super-user of the organization’s analytics and forecasting systems and will be heavily involved in the financial planning process.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Develops a high proficiency level with company’s ERP, analytics and forecasting platform
- Assists in the preparation of the annual operating plan, interacting with each site and department throughout the organization
- Gathers, structures, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes information from internal systems and external sources (industry, governmental and other third-party sources) in support of organic growth initiatives and acquisitions
- Analyzes related financial statements, operational metrics and key performance indicators
- Prepares market share analysis and other competitive intelligence functions
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports
- Supports business requirements for annual budgeting, periodic forecasting, routine and ad-hoc reporting of key performance indicators
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Senior Manager of Operations Finance
- Maintains compliance with all Company policies and procedures
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or related field
- Minimum four years of experience in corporate finance, accounting or consulting, or other related positions
- Strong working knowledge of finance and accounting
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation skills to senior leadership, and a proven ability to build relationships
- Must have a high sense of urgency, focus and accountability
- Strategic thinking; conceptual and analytical
- Advanced ability to make decisions and recommendations based on financial and business analytics
- Experience with reporting and/or analyzing financial statements
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with planning and reporting applications (e.g., Essbase, Hyperion, Cognos or other Business Intelligence tools).
- Experience using ERP systems
- 2- 5 years experience in a Financial Planning & Forecasting or Reporting & Analysis role.
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel