Human Resources Director
Regional company privately held for multiple generations. Established and stable organization seeks a Director of HR. Answering to the President, this is a critical role. Company has 500 employees across multiple locations in the Mid-Atlantic region. You and a small staff will have soup to nuts responsibility for HR Functions for a mixed Union and Non-Union employee base.
We are looking for a hands-on Human Resource Director who is a self-motivated team player with the desire to succeed and grow within the company. They will manage the HR responsibilities at multiple facilities located in different states. This position will be based at the company’s headquarters in New Jersey.
- Generates policies on personnel issues to meet the needs of the corporation
- Counsels managers on employee relations matters
- Manages talent acquisitions and oversees employees screening and reference checks candidates for managerial positions
- Administers Personnel Files – Completes and maintains paperwork and leads upgrades to digitalize files on HRIS across both sites, including employee records, attendances, vacations and leave requests, verification of employment forms from both credit and government agencies, advises supervisors on disciplinary actions.
- Administers Benefits – Calculate employee deductions per union agreement with Health, Dental, Life, Short-term Disability, Long-term disability, Workers Compensation
- Administers Compensation – Oversees wage and salary administration, performance reviews, participated in surveys and governmental reporting
- Administers and updates company’s employee policies and procedures including handbooks, rules, attendance, discipline
- Ensures legal compliance with Government regulations – Wage and Hour, OSHA, Unemployment Compensation, EEOC, etc. and attends meetings and hearings representing the Company
- Develops and updates the corporate safety programs and safety manual designed to reduce frequency and severity rates, to comply with OSHA regulations, and to lower the cost of Workers’ Compensation insurance
- Is responsible that all HR requirements are met; reports on quarterly, corporate review meetings
- Plans and implements training programs
- Manages safety training seminars or arranges for presentations by safety consultants
- Supervises HR personnel
- Eight or more years’ experience in Human Resources including Labor Relations
- A college degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident, results-oriented doer
- Able to maintain calm and analytical demeanor in confrontational situations
- Certified by the Society for Human Resource Management as SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance