Human Resources Specialist
The HR Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations such as; administration of policies, benefits, payroll, procedures, and programs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates proper employee documentation and records in HR systems, compiling reports as needed to ensure employee databases remain accurate and up to date.
- Manages and leads policy HR training, programs and ensure awareness of appropriate HR policies, programs, and procedures and expectations.
- Provides support for on-boarding and off-boarding and leading with exit interviews.
- Partner closely with the operations team to provide advice, coaching, and counsel in relation to team members to improve work relationships, build morale along with increasing productivity and retention.
- Lead the local recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing offer letters.
- Process and track all FMLA/ADA/ leaves, required paperwork and ensure time sheets are submitted timely to payroll.
- Oversee and coordinate the Safety Compliance including providing on-going support ensuring all OSHA records, notifications and workplace injuries are processed in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Coordinate and conduct comprehensive employee relation investigations, supports in write-ups and corrective action for hourly employees.
- Ensure that all required postings are update to date and meet regulatory compliance.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals counseling techniques or documentation of performance issues.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
- Knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience as an HR Specialist or related in a Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience in local, state and federal laws related to HR.
- Strong computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office, Google platform, and HRIS software.