European based company, excellent work environment – international presence seeks a highly qualified Java Developer. Company is currently a combination of Microsoft and Linux stacks and moving to additional development in Open Source web tech in 2018
Seek a highly experienced staff member to participate in Development efforts and production support for Client’s Software Products and applications. Selected candidate will work in an Agile environment, likely moving in the direction if TDD/BDD Extreme. Hands-on role will be responsible for architecting and developing frameworks and solutions for a highly complex Software Engineering organization as well as leading engineers in the Design and Development of Software Applications, and Continuous Deployment and Delivery of Software tools and applications. Ideal candidate must be a seasoned Development focused professional who has a mindset towards creating reliable, scalable and innovative solutions for large scale organizations Able to work independently with little or no supervision and come up with creative solutions to complex technical problems
This is a Production Support role, but it is an interesting and challenging one. Will be Director’s right hand person.
Develop a good understanding of the current systems and behaviors and identify ongoing problems. PROACTIVLY drive improvements, new development or solutions to common or unusual problems. Empower business to fix things themselves that they can. 50/50 development and on calls with business providing communication to them of status, etc.
You are NOT SHY, get in front of people, investigate why problems occurr and how can we prevent it again
Current stack is Java/Windows/Apache/Tomcat/SQL Server – Will move to Linux at some point
This is a TRANSFORMATIVE, ever curious individual = Why are we doing things the way we do?
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Knowledge and experience with Web technologies, Spring, Angular, React and messaging frameworks
- Must have understanding and experience with Databases
- Must have experience with Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins or similar
- Preferred recent lead experience - Preferred experience with Application Build and configuration tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Preferred working experience with geographically diverse teams and readiness to own the responsibility of supporting critical systems
- Must have solid Hands-on experience with creating responsive and scalable applications in a distributed environment
- Strong teaming and communication skills
- Ability to take large and complex systems and explain them to both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong inter-personal skills with ability to develop consensus and lead teams for success
- Ability to lead and mentor junior developers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Required: Bachelor's, Computer Science
- Preferred: Master's, Computer Science
Pay: $90,000 to $120,000/year
$90000 to $120000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time