- Operate Vertical Form Fill Seal state-of-the-art high-speed bagging machine; operate machinery with minimal waste to finished product and packaging material.
- Supply the scale with intermediate components and bagging materials (film) to keep the machine running.
- Perform quality assurance checks throughout the day, inspecting for packaging defects, material defects and target weight requirement.
- Packaging and using small scales, lifting boxes and using pallet jack
- Meet productivity requirements daily; keep daily reports of packaging material and downtime
- Perform periodic adjustment activities on the bagging machine and scale to ensure they’re performing at peak efficiencies
- Troubleshoot machinery breakdowns, clean machine jams and align rolls of bagging materials to minimize downtime and promote productivity
- Perform general housekeeping duties around the machine such as sweeping floors, cleaning machine parts, supply tables, etc.
- Dependable and punctual - must be able to adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
- Prior experience with Vertical Form Fill Seal Bagger, preferred
- Knowledge to independently operate a bagging machine and produce a quality product in a team-based environment; ability to be cross-trained to operate other machines if need be.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach, climb stairs and stand for extended time periods on concrete floors; lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Must be able to count and perform general math (ability to measure weights using scale)
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as hair net, beard net, ear plugs, etc.
- Ability to speak, read (fine print) and write in English, follow verbal and written directions, write simple correspondence and effectively communicate with others
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prior food manufacturing experience, preferred
- High School diploma and/or GED, preferred
Job Status: Full Time