• Manage day-to-day activities of a team of direct reports.
• Analyzes maintenance work orders and assigns maintenance personnel to complete them. Follows up with assigned personnel as needed until order is complete.
• Design and implement preventative maintenance systems.
• Support operational departments by maintaining equipment and resolve mechanical malfunctions to increase productivity, job capabilities, and equipment capabilities at the department’s request.
• Direct and assist in the installation of new equipment.
• Plan and direct modification or repair of existing equipment.
• Plan and execute projects in conjunction with and assigned by the Plant Manager.
• Stay abreast of new technologies associated with the industry, through trade magazines, training classes and technical manuals.
• Hires, trains, supervise and provide skill development and coaching for all maintenance employees.
• Develops, implements, and updates policies and procedures for Maintenance Services
• Prepares departmental goals and objectives annually and is accountable for ongoing communication of results, quality measures, and areas for improvement
• Oversees supply purchasing for the maintenance departments ensuring compliance to budget, and maintaining inventories for appropriate control, evaluating contracts regularly.
• Evaluates service agreements/contracts and submits recommendations to the Operations Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical degree preferred
• 5 years previous experience with Maintenance/Engineering Management in a food production,
manufacturing, industrial, consumer packaged goods or distribution setting
• In-depth knowledge of food processing plant and technology preferred
• Experience with ammonia refrigeration with food products
• Knowledge of wastewater systems