- Manage day-to-day activities of a team of direct reports.
- Analyzes maintenance work orders and assigns maintenance personnel to complete them. Follows up with assigned personnel as needed until order is complete.
- Design and implement preventative maintenance systems.
- Support operational departments by maintaining equipment and resolve mechanical malfunctions to increase productivity, job capabilities, and equipment capabilities at the department’s request.
- Direct and assist in the installation of new equipment.
- Plan and direct modification or repair of existing equipment.
- Plan and execute projects in conjunction with and assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Stay abreast of new technologies associated with the industry, through trade magazines, training classes and technical manuals.
- Hires, trains, supervise and provide skill development and coaching for all maintenance employees.
- Develops, implements, and updates policies and procedures for Maintenance Services
- Prepares departmental goals and objectives annually and is accountable for ongoing communication of results, quality measures, and areas for improvement
- Oversees supply purchasing for the maintenance departments ensuring compliance to budget, and maintaining inventories for appropriate control, evaluating contracts regularly.
- Evaluates service agreements/contracts and submits recommendations to the Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical degree preferred
- 5 years' previous experience with Maintenance/Engineering Management in a food production, manufacturing, industrial, consumer packaged goods or distribution setting
- In-depth knowledge of food processing plant and technology preferred
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration with food products
- Knowledge of wastewater systems