Manager Financial Planning and Analysis
About the client:
Client is a well-established and thriving $1 Billion manufacturing company. Recent influx of investment and acquisition of another company lead to expansion and opportunity.
This role acts as a finance business partner supporting the Manufacturing & Operations, Quality and Finance leadership in all aspects of financial management including strategic planning, capital planning, analysis to support decision making and identification/measurement of cost savings programs and other ad-hoc projects. This position reports to FP&A.
- Close collaboration with FP&A and Plant Controller teams to align on timelines, deliverables and process management for the Budget, Forecast and Long-Term Strategic Planning exercises.
- Directs the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process for Manufacturing Operations and Quality department spending and identifying changes in business factors that can have potential impact on related costs.
- Partnering with Manufacturing Operations and Quality Units and their functions to deliver their short term and long-term goals through proactive day-to-day support, challenge, influence and insight.
- Actively partner with the Project Steering Committee to align on capital expense prioritization, timelines and spend profiles in order to provide management of the Budget/Forecast processes, as well as analysis of financial results relating to capital expenditures.
- Proactively participate and manage the continued development and optimization of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Participate and support the Plant Controller in the annual inventory standards reset related to the product labor and overhead allocations.
- Establish key metrics and frequency of reporting based on functional business needs
- Provides timely, accurate and concise financial analysis and commentary to Finance, Manufacturing Operations and Quality teams in assessing actual department spending with comparisons to budget and forecasts.
- Compiles data from disparate sources and systems to identify and assess performance and underlying trends with a focus on identifying financial enhancing opportunities.
- Produces ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Ownership of the financial close activities including the completion of Manufacturing Operations and Quality department accruals and account reconciliations and ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Proactive collaboration with functional leaders to identify changes that have the potential to drive better financial outcomes through operational efficiencies and works with constituents to identify and track financial targets.
- Participates in the planning and assessment of new initiatives, projects and response plans to changes in the business.
- Actively participate in system implementations related to budget/ forecast and business intelligence tools related to core role and responsibilities.
- Proactively identifies, analyzes and recommends continuous improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates and promotes the Company’s values of accountability, quality, efficiency, customer service, collaboration, and safety.
- Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
- Ensures compliance with Corporate Policy, and Sarbanes-Oxley rule 404 controls. Maintain current knowledge of, and proactively promotes SOX and financial reporting compliance with the full range of related internal and external systems and processes.
Typical Minimum Skills and Experience and Education
- BS/BA in accounting or finance; MBA preferred
- 5 – 10 years of proven experience in FP&A role in a manufacturing organization
- Strong communication and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to write and present analytical summaries to all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding and experience with ERP and EPM systems, Microsoft Excel and use of IT reporting tools
- Ability to research and data mine in ERP and EPM systems to summarize and present financial results in a clear and concise manner
- Financial statement knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Analytical self-starter with a high emphasis on teamwork, timeliness, and quality of work
- Ability to work within and meet all deadlines while executing on multiple deliverables
- Quick learner with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail oriented with ability to “roll up sleeves”
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Adept with all aspects of finance and financial modeling
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and concepts utilized in financial analysis
- Experience in a similar industry