Great opportunity for stable work with a family-owned well-run business. 55 hour work-weeks
A skilled machinist is responsible for the set-up and proper operation of manual and CNC mills and lathes and turning centers used in the production of centrifugal pump parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates industrial machining equipment, manual and/or CNC lathes and mills.
- Performs equipment cleaning and preventative maintenance.
- Has ability to use, read and interpret micrometers, calipers, and precision instruments.
- Reads and understands engineering prints including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Sets up and operates machines to produce quality parts and/or tools and meet production deadlines.
- Maintains quality and safety standards, keeps records, and maintains equipment/supplies.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical or Trade College Certification
- 3-5 years of machining experience
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
Offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and more.