The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for new and novel machine design for a custom equipment design and fabrication company. Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fluid environment.
- Design of machines, mechanism, and injection molding parts.
- Mounting of mechanical components and design of tooling for sub-assemblies.
- Support designs with hand calculations and analysis, as required.
- Support analysis with machine design calculations, structured analysis and Solidworks.
- Assemble and check fit of design during prototype and pre-release.
- Hands on position, with specific long term tasks that are scheduled. There will also be unscheduled or newly scheduled tasks to complete.
- Small mechanism design experience, gears, belts, bearings, motor, and others.
- Working with other Engineers and designers, design and detail mechanical systems and assemblies.
- Maintain some top level assemblies throughout the design, documentation and release to manufacturing process
- Education: BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, MS is a plus or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 3+ years of mechanical design experience.
- Strong skills in new product design and development. This includes part and assembly modeling, detail drawing, tools design for assembly.
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems is a plus.
- Experience in materials selection, materials properties and metals finishes.
- High level of attention to detail.
Job ID: 35613
Job Status: Full Time