This position is primarily responsible for database administration and development to design database structures and create stored procedures and queries to support the team's development efforts. Primary responsibilities may include maintaining databases in production and test environments.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze and maintain performance requirements.
- Install, configure, and update MySQL servers.
- Provide support for critical applications.
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
- Design and document database architecture.
- Build database schemas, tables, views, and stored procedures.
- Work with Infrastructure and Development teams to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Database experience must include use of MySQL
- MySQL certification preferred but not required.
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Pay: $100,000 to $125,000/year
$100000 to $125000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time