About the client:
Client is a well-established and thriving $1 Billion manufacturing company. Recent influx of investment and acquisition of another company lead to expansion and opportunity. Great opportunity for career growth
You have experience designing, building, supporting networking in, and across, multiple data centers. You understand and have implemented various network topologies and architectures. You have knowledge of security best practices. You have a security mindset, continually maintaining environments to address new vulnerabilities and to keep all devices/systems current. You have experience creating a network infrastructure that is scalable, fault tolerant, HA and secure based on established industry and/or government security principles and guidelines.
You have a curiosity to understand the products and environment that the network supports and understand how your decisions affect the business. You can engage with co-workers and business owners, understand requirements and transform them into networking solutions that achieve the requirements.
- As a Network Engineer, you will provide technical planning, designing, operating and maintenance of our network infrastructure environments. The Network Engineer will be responsible for the administration, installation, implementation, maintenance and support of network and SAN infrastructure.
- Excellent Knowledge & experience in networking technologies such as Ethernet, ATM, MPLS, OSPF, IPsec, VLANs, HSRP, PPP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, Multicast, ACLs, VPNs
- Experience with working on Products such as Infoblox DNS/DHCP and F5 Load Balancers.
- Experience in using network management tools for performance, tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Working Knowledge on Security technologies and concepts.
- Knowledge on Voice infrastructure including IP Telephony, Telepresence & traditional PABXs.
- Knowledge on scripting tools and exposure on deploying automation tool sets for network & security domain
Technical Experience-Role Requirements:
(Most or all of the following)
- Network management and troubleshooting skills
- Support and maintenance skills in a network/SAN environment
- Experience supporting virtual environments, storage, and Linux servers
- Experience performing upgrade and patch management
- Experience in planning, tracking network projects to produce and maintain documentation.
- Experience maintaining highly secure network environments: (Defense, Analysis of threats, intrusion detection, threat response).
- 4-7 years professional network engineering experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services. (AWS)
- Experience using the following protocols, techniques, and technologies: VLANs, OSPF or EIRGP, BGP, ARP, NAT, IPv4/6, TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, TFTP, Trunking, port-channel, LACP.
- Security best practices and intrusion detection experience.
- Experience with network tuning, packet capture analysis, Security, IPSEC, TLS, SSL, PKI, IKE v1, IKE v2, tunnels, encapsulation, cypher suites.
- Experience administering and configuring Firewalls, Load Balancers and Cisco technologies in enterprise
- Data center environments. Experience managing networks in multiple data centers with connectivity between them.
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining WAN technologies including MPLS, CoS/QoS, BGP/metrics, and routing tables.
- Demonstrated experience with client VPNs and AWS Site-to-site VPN. Data center site to site. Cloud connectivity. Anyconnect, Existing data centers.
- Experience supporting 99.99%+ uptime for 24x7x365 available business critical customer facing infrastructure.
- Minimum Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Experience configuring and maintaining monitoring for network infrastructures.