Client is a well-established and thriving $1 Billion manufacturing company. Recent influx of investment and acquisition of another company lead to expansion and opportunity.
Client seeks a Network Engineer to lead projects including planning, installation as well as provide technical support of LAN/WAN solutions. Assist with security architecture design. Network Engineer responsibilities include configuration and implementation of internet and security platforms, local and wide area networks to support new and existing technology architectures. Mentor and lead more junior members of the Network Team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Technical Support (Level 2,3):
- On Premise & Cloud network environments
- Firewall architectures that include Palo Alto firewalls
- Deploying and supporting VPN – Site to Site, clientless and client based
- Proxy/web filtering solutions
- Endpoint identity management
- IDS/IPS systems.
- Deep understanding of AAA, TACACS+ and Radius protocols
- Experience with routing protocols – BGP, OSFP and EIGRP
- Internet Connectivity
- Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
- Network Management and Diagnostic tools
- Contributes to the development of long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals.
- Participates in network infrastructure security audit activities and provides evidence as required.
- Performs network infrastructure security remediation activities.
- Coordinates efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues.
- Participates in IT and corporate-led initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate or above preferred
- CompTIA networking certification preferred.
- 4-8 years of planning, design, and implementation of network security and networking in a large enterprise retail environment.
- Firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems.
- Experience in leading other team members, working collaboratively with other teams, and driving for results.
- Working Knowledge of the following;
- Threat and vulnerability management and remediation
- IP addressing
- OSI model
- CISCO Nexus switches, Wireless Access Points
- Firewalls –Palo Alto and CISCO Firepower