JOIN a fast-growing Mid-Sized international pharmaceutical firm in Palo Alto as their Network Manager – Excellent European based employer has a superb work environment – This is a key position for the firm, new position necessitated by growth.
As a manager within the Network Technology Infrastructure group lead and provide Network Planning, Engineering, Design, and Implementation of Network Services to meet strategic, tactical and operational business goals. Partner with internal and external technology service providers and business groups to effectively understand technical requirements, business needs and objectives, and operational complexities to provide the network infrastructure required to support the overall strategy of the organization. Perform duties of Senior Technical Leader, including leading 3rd party vendors in delivering network solutions and projects on-time, on-budget, and with high-quality.
- Preparation of high level and detailed network designs;
- Leading the network transformation effort in support of the Major Transformational projects.
- Ensuring the smooth planning, implementation and cutovers of networks;
- Interfacing with systems, applications and project teams in the design and delivery of business supporting projects requiring network platforms;
- Formulating, evaluating, and reviewing long-range network plans, adapting to new technologies, comfortable with ambiguity;
- Providing critical guidance and advice on worldwide international networks;
- Conducting cost/benefit analysis of network infrastructure to identify the most cost effective technical products;
- Implementing plans for all LAN, WAN, MAN and external network connections including liaising with vendors, users, and reviewing network drawings and scheduling;
- Developing plans to grow the network, presenting plans to upper management, and managing the network architecture and network security team;
- Managing the network architecture and engineering activities including domestic and international systems and networks;
- Maintaining the network technology roadmaps for EOS dates, network improvements, upgrades and capacity planning functions;
- Developing partnerships with key network vendors relating to pricing, equipment procurement, continuous network improvements, contract negotiation, and service level agreements.
- Ten years of related technical experience with planning, engineering, design and implementation of complex enterprise networks using Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, network management and monitoring systems.
- Five years of leading a team of Network engineers
- Deep experience with Network architecture, IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks
- Strong coaching, mentoring and team development skills
- Strong communicator with ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and highly motivated. Ability to approach major decisions in a consultative manner with a particular emphasis on delivery.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with internal partners and external vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Internetworking, Management Information Systems, Engineering or Information Systems Engineering (or foreign equivalent degree)
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) Certification preferred
Fantastic benefits including generous vacation, stock equity and options, health
Pay: $130,000 to $160,000/year
$130000 to $160000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time