- Periodically perform documented checks on the refrigeration system
- Perform preventative maintenance on the refrigeration system as instructed by Maintenance Supervisor and react on identified problems if seen
- Perform corrective actions on the refrigeration system when needed and/or when instructed by Maintenance supervisor
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues: evaluate the condition of the equipment, diagnosis, identify the source of the problem and make necessary corrections
- Perform preventative maintenance in a timely manner and document in detail the work performed
- Install, maintain and repair various mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic based in the production equipment and building
- Make parts, structures and equipment using the tools available in the maintenance shop
- Install new production equipment and make connections as necessary for the proper functioning of new equipment
- Help with developing the computerized preventative maintenance
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- NJ Blue Seal Refrigeration license required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in an industrial or food manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or GED strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read and follow drawings, blueprints and written specifications.
- Math and computer skills are preferred.