Seeking a talented Operations Director to direct manufacturing operations of a site with approximately 60 employees. This person provides hands-on leadership of supply chain functions and manages union and non-union associates and maintenance personnel in the manufacturing of high-quality products..
In addition, the Operations Manager is accountable for achieving product cost targets, maintaining proper inventory levels, and championing a strong lean/continuous improvement culture. This person supports EHS initiatives, job costing, planning and scheduling, procurement, equipment/facility maintenance, customer service in a collaborative team environment.
- Responsible for all production functions associated with the manufacture of Business Unit products and for operating the plant within approved budget including achieving product cost/margin forecasts and providing accurate shipment forecasts.
- Champion the implementation and use of lean tools to drive continuous process improvements on quality, delivery, and cost.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that is compliant with all OSHA and EPA related regulations and guidelines. Partner with EHS staff to ensure compliance and identify risk areas and improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for managing all facets of the facility, including the risk analysis and maintenance of the production equipment, and assessing facility needs.
- Mentor and develop associates and integrate new members to meet the future needs of the business.
- Drive lower product costs by reducing set up times, improving processes and reducing cycle times.
- 10+ years' overall manufacturing management experience with 5+ year’s equipment/facilities maintenance responsibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality, on-time delivery and job costing and cost reduction
- Proven experience utilizing Lean Tools to achieve sustained breakthrough improvements and specific experience with cellular manufacturing, process improvement, and new product introduction is required.
- Flexible availability and hands-on leadership style with strong presence on the shop floor (Gemba) required.
- Proactive focus on customer expectations, able to predict and prevent problems and consistently strive for continuous improvement. Must exercise continuous leadership to focus plant efforts on priorities and be technically proficient to troubleshoot process and systems related issues.
- Union experience
- Six-Sigma experience and certification preferrred