Position: Packaging Supervisor reports to Packaging Manager
Shift/days: 2nd shift including Saturday
This position is responsible for supervising all packaging activities. This position provides direct supervision to 30 or more production personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise all packaging activities in accordance with corporate and plant policies as well as safety, quality.
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness.
- Actively promote plant safety.
- Actively promote adherence to corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet planned production schedules.
- Coordinate and supervise pre-production, equipment set-up,
- Coordinate the proper training of team members within the assigned department.
- Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Review shift activities and results, making adjustments as required for continuous improvement.
- Keep management informed of the status of production and promptly notify management of issues impacting production.
- Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Solid problem solving, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
Oversees and supervises safety initiatives, including but not limited:
- Participates in safety meetings and dialogs, performs Job Hazard Analysis, and performs Incident Investigations as needed to maintain the safest work environment possible
- Takes ownership of safety processes; performs maintenance safety program audits (Lockout/Tag out, Fall Protection, PPE).
- Ensure machinery in area is safe and working optimally; maintain constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices.
- High School diploma and/or GED
- Minimum of 2 years in packaging/manufacturing environment/supervisory experience, preferred
- Technical school experience, preferred
- Box erectors
- VFFS machines
- Case closing equipment
- X-ray systems
- Check weighers
- Experience with sanitation, packaging/food products
Job Status: Full Time