Change agent plant manager opportunity for a talented leader interested in taking ownership and direction of a growing consumer products manufacturing plant in the greater Reading Pennsylvania area. Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing the productivity, quality, and efficient delivery of products and services by ensuring departments within operations work together cohesively. The Operations Manager will implement policies and procedures for planning, goals and business objectives and make recommendations for improvement, as well as, facilitate departmental workflow.
The Operations Manager will have a minimum of 8+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in a world class FDA and or GMP manufacturing environment. Experience with chemical batch and mixing environments desirable. You will have functional level leadership responsibility for manufacturing in a single plant environment. The Plant Manager will have accountability for the safety, quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness performance and continuous improvement performance of the facilities that they manage and will be responsible for the development of facility leadership team.
- Responsible for the overall direction of facilities managed, and accountable for achieving EBITDA growth targets and maximum return on invested capital.
- Develop and manage the facilities organization and personnel to most effectively achieve customer expectations.
- Maintain the Quality System and profit targets while maximizing productivity.
- Lead the development and execution of facility operating plans.
- Manage manufacturing, distribution and support overhead functions to deliver product and services at or above customer expectations.
- Create and manages a culture of continuous improvement, installing and successfully executing advanced visual, flow manufacturing systems.
- Collaborate with Finance, Engineering and Quality to create and execute capital investment plans.
- Participate in Sales Development by working directly with Customer Operations Manager and the sales reps, to develop customer relationships and close sales relationships.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering and Quality to successfully and seamlessly deliver to customers an integrated set of services and products.
- Support Sales activities within the facility including quoting and customer service.
- Work collaboratively with plant leadership to successfully and seamlessly deliver to customers an integrated set of services and products.
- Be a resource and mentor to other members of the management team, with a responsibility to develop people.
- Recommends and executes personnel actions including hiring, promotions, performance reviews and any disciplinary measures
- Responsible for implementing cost improvement programs through Lean Manufacturing techniques and drive successful business excellence programs for manufacturing.
- Ensures output, timeliness, quality and cost to standards are consistent with customer requirements and company strategy
- Determines and implements operational capability required to support corporate growth and strategies.
- Reduce manufacturing operations costs through innovation and productivity. Create a culture that strives for perfect fill-rates and zero defects.
- Complies with all work rules including those pertaining to safety, health, quality and Viant Quality Management System.
- 8+ years prior experience in manufacturing operations in positions of increasing responsibility including management, leadership, change management, safety, quality and production.
- Demonstrated ability to manage traditional manufacturing personalities and styles; ability to synergize the benefits of experience and the concepts of new technology, approaches and new processes.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Ability to interface with customers, problem solve and drive solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Knowledge of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, ideally with chemical batch or mixing experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Hands on leader with demonstrated experience at successful high-performance team building
- A Six Sigma Green or Black Belt and or/a history of lean manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- P&L knowledge and understanding of value drivers. Has developed and executed operating plans
- Presence and initiative to drive sales
- Strong communicator: written and verbal (one-on-one and group)
- Strategic thinker: responsible for developing the plan; ability to conceptualize coherent view of facility in the future (6 months, one year, two years, fi