- Leadership of the manufacturing processes to ensure associate safety, product quality and food safety.
- Develops a working knowledge of, and assists with product flow, ingredient usage, and production scheduling.
- Stays current with industry trends and technology to drive innovative growth
- Analyzes manufacturing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase efficiencies & effectiveness. Proficient in using business intelligence tools for data analysis.
- Oversees the Continuous Improvement Process throughout the facility. Leverages daily management systems, lean problem-solving methodology and transparent communication.
- Coordinates and prioritizes capital projects
- Assists in the development and measuring of productivity in all areas of the operation while leveraging our work area team structure.
- Coordinates and confers with Maintenance Manager on maintenance planning and repairs to ensure continuous operation.
- Oversees the development of SOP’s throughout the plant.
Reporting And Working Relationships
- Reports directly to the VP of Operations
- Direct reports include: Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, Sanitation Group Leader
- Works closely with Purchasing Director, HR Manager, Quality Manager and other manufacturing group leaders
- Bachelor degree in Food Science, Engineering or related technical field required
- MBA or other advance degree preferred.
- Minimum five or more years’ experience in production supervision and leading groups and teams