Fast growing consumer products manufacturer is seeking an import addition to staff. This highly visible plant level process engineer will be responsible for the production of innovative, appropriate, cost-effective, designs, drawings, and specifications for process projects.
This Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) company supports core markets throughout the United States, as well as Mexico and the Asia Pacific Region
- Responsible for the development of Block Flow Diagrams (BFDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) for all assigned process projects
- Develops or verifies utility requirements, equipment lists, equipment specifications, and controls as well as instrumentation requirements for each assigned process project.
- Works closely team for proper arrangement of mixing, blending, filling and packaging equipment and piping to support the process and incorporate sound ergonomic principles.
- Optimize performance of mixing, blending, filling and packaging lines/
- Provides timely solutions to field problems
- Effectively manages project startup, commissioning, verification, and closeout tasks related to the process design.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines. Performs interdisciplinary coordination checks
- BS Engineering with several or more years of plant level process engineering experience.
- Some knowledge in consumer products, food, beverage or pharmaceuticals processing equipment/systems with a working knowledge of controls and instruments commonly used is helpful
- Some experience in the design and implementation of processing and transfer of dry products including pneumatic transfer, mechanical conveying is also helpful.
Keywords: Blending & mixing, sheeting, baking, thermal processing, bulk liquids, and slurry systems, commercial heat exchangers, fluid transfer (fittings, valves, pumps) SIP, and systems automation/integration in both consumer and bulk food processing.