Our client – Publicly held growing international firm looking for an experienced, energetic, and innovative Product Manager to grow their industry leading portfolio.
The person will be directly responsible for leading the organization to drive short and long-term growth of product line revenue and profitability. This position will be primarily responsible for portfolio management, new product development, new product launches, competitive positioning, and overall business performance of the product lines. He/She will work cross-functionally to do so.
- Understand and manage product/services life cycles, profitability, demand planning, new product/services development ideation and process management, competitive offerings
- Direct and maintain competitive product/service portfolios that deliver more value than next best alternative
- Solid demonstration of innovating profitable business models and leading change as required Establish /maintain a project management framework in line with strategic objectives
- Establish and promote the use of metrics to improve program effectiveness;
- Use structured processes to manage programs/projects
- Understand transactional pricing tool kit and analytical techniques; Understand pricing waterfall tool; execute waterfall analysis and drive to actions with financial results.
- Design VOC; understand segmentation; understand value elements critical to customers; calculate value equations; target value propositions to customer segments
- Drive value pricing discipline in the business; Drives tool development and learning
- Be competent in VOC, research and analysis and basic marketing toolkit [market definition and sizing, segmentation, value management, targeting and positioning, pricing].
- Own the product planning process; sun-set current products; develop and manage product roadmaps linked to segment's, customer needs and willingness to pay; product positioning linked to distinctive understanding of competitive offerings and value; product value pricing
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Marketing or Business
- Minimum 8 years experience in marketing of a technical product (strategy, product management, market research, competitive analysis, and/or marcomm)
- Experience managing product developments through a phase gate process
- Engineering Degree with MBA preferred
- Competency in VOC, market research leading towards product development
- Strong technical skills - product engineering background a plus
- Demonstrated bias for action and growth
- Desire and willingness to be held accountable for business results
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of functions including R&D, Manufacturing, and Finance
- Effective group presentation skills
- Experience with software and/or communicating systems is a plus
Job Status: Full Time