- Supervise and train hourly staff in the areas of production requirements, quality, food and workplace safety and operation of equipment.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, and all relevant legislative requirements. Provides the production teams with committed leadership on lean manufacturing principles and continuous process improvement techniques.
- Oversee daily production
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Outstanding communication skills in order to lead, engage and motivate individuals and/or teams.
- A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles and leadership applications within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong proficiency with personal computer software with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and multiple applications required.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- 4 years of progressive leadership experience within a food manufacturing environment
- Must have cured meat and/or slicing experience