Growth opportunity for a strong Production Manager in the Pittsburgh area. This company has been rapidly growing over the past several years and are targeting a candidate that is comfortable with change and leading the charge.
- Accountable for achieving production targets and budgets, including daily reporting on yields, labor cost and productivity.
- Ensure HACCP requirements are met in areas of responsibility and enforce HACCP procedures with a strong commitment to food safety.
- Effectively address employee recognition, performance concerns and discipline.
- Set weekly shift schedule in conjunction with the operations management team, manage the production team and effectively communicate with all employees within the Service Center.
- Promote a positive and safe work environment for all employees within the Service Center, providing consistent and ongoing communication with employees.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with Workplace Safety & Occupational Health legislation and reinforce safe working requirements and practices.
- Manage work in process inventory through employee practices and ERP system
- Work closely with Director of Manufacturing to drive continuous improvement, efficiencies and LEAN processes
- Support capital project initiatives
- 7yrs+ experience in a Supervisory/Management level role for a Food Manufacturer
- Must have Food manufacturing experience
- High school diploma, Bachelors preferred
- Excellent management skills