ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure safety is everyone’s number one priority
- Effectively coordinate and direct all the production activities of their department
- Organize personnel and set daily tasks for hourly team members
- Monitor production flow and schedule details to optimize efficiencies
- Identify areas of opportunity and recommend improvements on staffing, financial/cost and quality within the department
- Assist in training and developing team members
- Complete other tasks as assigned
This position will have direct supervisory responsibility for hourly production positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
- Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Good follow-up and employee relations skills
- Strong drive to develop others
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred.
- Minimum 1+ year experience working in management role
- Preferred 2+ year directly related experience in poultry or meat production
Job Status: Full Time