The ideal candidate will oversee and manage production team members by directing, coordinating, communicating, and verifying daily activities within the department/area. Day Shift and Night Shift positions available.
- Responsible for efficiency, product quality, product safety and general safety within the department/area.
- Supervise, instruct, evaluate, and discipline production team members in their roles.
- Prepare for production by testing equipment, setting up parameters and production flow to ensure processes will be carried out properly.
- Closely monitor processes and procedures during production, ensuring product quality and specifications are met. Take prompt and effective corrective actions for any deviations.
- Ensure the routine operation of the department/area by evaluating efficiencies, line speeds, placement and rotation of team members.
- Work effectively with USDA; attempt to resolve issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with QA all product quality. Participate in pre-operative inspections conducted by QA.
- Train and certify new and existing team members regarding Production, USDA, HACCP, and OSHA guidelines as appropriate, by position.
- Work with other interfacing departments to ensure adequate product, service and/or information is provided.
- Work with Human Resources to address and resolve team member issues on hiring, attendance, employment termination, and disciplinary issues.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues when possible.
- Conduct staff performance evaluations.
- Monitor, adjust and approve timecards daily in Kronos Timekeeper.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires knowledge of protein manufacturing processes, preferably in poultry industry; including, but not limited to, standard operating procedures, USDA guidelines that govern line processes, HACCP, SSOPs, company policies, Team Member Reference Guide and union contract, as well as demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the machinery and processes used in the plant department.
- Ability to multi-task in an effective manner.
- Ability to collect data, prepare and interpret production reports.
- Ability to communicate with and manage large groups of team members.
- Ability to respond quickly and sensibly to volatile situations or people, and take corrective actions.
- Working knowledge of computers, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills.
- High school degree or equivalent