Growing, innovative, highly successful construction materials manufacturing company is seeking Production Supervisors for one of their largest facilities. These positions are responsible for improving efficiency and profitability by implementing Lean 5S principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages customer orders to insure proper fulfillment
- Establishes a lean vision, improvement goals, and takes the proper action to achieve these goals.
- Insures required resources are present to produce the required output.
- Communicates progress toward order fulfillment.
- Posts and monitors LEAN measurements to provide visual trend of progress against goals and objectives, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Eliminates problems by taking immediate stop-gap measures, employing required support groups, recording critical data and driving root-cause elimination.
- Insures that all members adhere to standard work and implements improvements to standard operations daily.
- Provides strong leadership.
- Conducts daily startup meetings to review LEAN performance, establish short and long term performance goals, review initiative status, present company issues, and create a winning team spirit.
- Provides continuous feedback to members regarding their personal performance and rewards or disciplines accordingly.
- Increases the team’s skill depth through use of cross-training matrices, development goal setting, and task rotation.
- Interviews, hires and trains employees.
- This position requires an individual with demonstrated experience leading a team to achieve LEAN (Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost –SQDC) improvements within a manufacturing environment.
- The incumbent will demonstrate strong leadership, training and coaching skills and will communicate in a way that builds understanding and commitment through use of presentations as well as verbal and written communications.
- Flexibility, results orientation, and commitment to promote and achieve business goals are essential.
- BA/BS Degree plus 3 or more years’ production experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
NOTE: relocation available. Veterans encouraged to apply.
Go ARMY, NAVY, Air Force, Marines!
Job Status: Full Time