Project Manager - Transmission / Interconnect
Growing energy producing multi-national is seeking a talented Project Manager to provide a wide range of renewable and interconnection management support to the development team. This home-based position will report to the Senior Vice President of Development.
- Manage and support all stages of project interconnection requests, including system design.
- Have a general understanding of the most current National Electric code.
- Prepare utility interconnection applications including supporting documentation while interacting with the utility through the study process.
- Provide support to the Regional Development Director in carrying out interconnect and engineering tasks;
- Collaboration with regional business development leads during planning stages to assure execution according to schedule;
- Provide support to business development efforts when requested in interfacing with potential and real customers. Communication skills are very important;
- Provide support to the project finance team and support due diligence efforts as needed during project closings.
- Develop, review and report project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from utilities and vendors;
- Create, deliver, and maintain project work packages and project documentation;
- Manage and coordinate external resources such as electrical engineer consultants and other specialized professionals as needed in the design of renewable energy systems;
- Assist with internal and external designers, guide and manage consultants in creating, delivering and maintaining drawing packages and project documentation when necessary;
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams when necessary on project execution and process development including project procurement, construction management, and project controls;
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes and product development;
- Attend technical training and share learnings.
- Collaborate with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results.
- A degree in engineering, renewable energy or project management is preferred.
- Deep experience in the energy generation or renewable energy field or as a manager or project manager.
- Expert understanding of distribution and transmission interconnections
- Relevant work experience in the design, project management and development of power plants (in particular solar or wind power plants)
- Experience with AutoCAD is a benefit (or equivalent)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Gantt charts (MS Project or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driven, assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player.
- Previous experience managing projects at early design stages is preferred.
Job Status: Full Time