The senior information technology project manager will be responsible for leading teams to deliver projects, managing resources, schedules and budgets while ensuring adherence to US Naval standards and guidelines for systems development delivery. This includes the management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The senior information technology project manager will also be accountable for contributing to process improvement initiatives as it relates to project delivery.
- The senior information technology project manager will work independently and be accountable for project implementations on a day to day basis. This includes ensuring that assigned projects produce the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time, cost and/or resources while still achieving the stated business outcomes.
- Plan and lead initiating and planning activities including requirements and specification elicitation leveraging methodology for the project including, but not limited to, agile epics and stories, business requirements, use cases, wireframes, etc.
- Accountable for full project life cycle ownership; successful project delivery will include full system implementation from initiation to deployment for one major program initiative or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- Participates in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools related to project delivery standards.
- Manages all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Demonstrates a functional acumen to support how solutions will address Naval client needs while aligning to best practices; demonstrates expertise in scope planning and management and requirements elicitation and management
- Prepares estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of a program or project
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Develop and deliver scope overviews, status reports, project proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences including project teams, sponsors, senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Experience managing technology related projects involving custom development or systems integration project for US Navy. PLM or ERP platform experience a plus
- Experience managing cross-functional, large platform implementation programs or projects
- BS Degree in business, information technology management, business, project management, or similar.
Job Status: Full Time