A venture-backed, early-stage startup that is using artificial intelligence to innovatively in engaging and evaluating data from large f=groups of people. Founded in 2014 by a team of impressive academics and folks from the world of Google, Tech Space, Barclay’s Techstars Accelerator and more bright motivated innovators. Client is looking for an experienced and collaborative QA Manager to join their team! They value innovation, initiative and creating great products that customers enjoy using, and it is their goal to deliver the best possible product, quickly and at high quality. As any Test professional knows, this is easier said than done! So, we’re looking to build a top-notch QA team dedicated to best practices, developer collaboration and automation. Want folks who will advocate for our customers and help deliver great products and a great experience.
While engineering leaders are expected to be hands-on technical contributors, the QA Manager role is people-first rather than technology-first. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team. Not only hiring and building it, but also ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time. Client believes that empowering the entire team will lead to great things. We also need the team lead to help lead the way with technology and best practices to make sure we grow the automated QA. You’ve managed a team before and have experience in growing and mentoring engineers. You understand the value of leading from behind and empowering your team. You are a technical leader in your field, you’re familiar with and actively involved in current technology developments in your area of expertise. You have good architecture and design sense and generally take a pragmatic and iterative approach to engineering. You believe in continuous self-improvement. Responsibilities Work with product and engineering teams to establish and execute an in-sprint QA process Manage and mentor QA engineers Define testing best practices and testing standards (for automated and where needed, manual testing) Work with engineering to determine testing strategies and identify key test cases Work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality talent
- Looking For 5+ years total of software testing experience
- 3+ years’ experience of testing in an Agile environment with CI/CD.
- At least one prior role testing user-facing web applications. B2C experience preferred.
- Organized, methodical approach to problem-solving and testing process. Superb ability to analyze requirements, identify edge cases and requirement gaps. Ability to manage and analyze automated test coverage for effectiveness using a statistics-based, analytical approach Familiarity with major modern automated testing frameworks Experience performance testing web applications
- Medical Dental Vision Coverage 401K plan Flexible Work Arrangements An enviable snack pantry An energetic team that celebrates, often Stipend for ongoing learning An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District
Pay: $200,000 to $275,000/year
$200000 to $275000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time