Responsible for the physical, chemical, and sensory evaluation of raw, In-process and finished product. Effectively communicate and document results of testing. Assure all products produced comply with customer specifications. Champion the Quality Assurance Department goals of continuous improvement. Assure plant Good Manufacturing Practices through audits, communications, and compliance. Comply with all Food Safety and Quality Systems requirements.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Perform analysis using analytically and physical equipment to assure compliance to specification. Specialized equipment used includes ph meter, oxygen meter, titration for chlorine and acid, and measurement tools.
- Audit processing equipment and testing instrumentation for proper operation and sanitation.
- Ability to evaluate sensory attributes of product against target.
- Document results of testing on Quality Assurance Logs.
- Effectively communicate results of test with production workers, supervisors and managers.
- Audit production activities to assure compliance to Specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform regular GMP inspections to ensure area is always in compliance
- Maintain accurate and detailed process records.
- Take raw material, in-process, and finished product samples, as required.
- Approach activities proactively to assure quality the first time.
- Responsible for following, performing and documenting food safety and food quality programs.
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and written.
- Able to work flexible work schedule.
- Basic computer skills
- GED/High School Diploma
- Basic reading and math skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have sound decision making skills
- Time management and communication skills a must.
- Requires basic computer knowledge.
- Attendance in good standing.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours and/or days.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Possess communication, teamwork, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Job Status: Full Time