Quality Assurance Manager
**Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates**
Growing opportunity with a Fortune 500 organization in the Columbia, SC area. This role yields an aggressive starting salary and excellent benefits.
This position is responsible for maintaining high production, quality, and yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position requires an essential understanding and control of the production process, accurate record keeping, and general line maintenance and staffing. Specific responsibilities include checking daily production orders to ensure fulfillment of customer orders, ensuring every position is filled before start-up of production line, overseeing Team Member morning exercises and job rotation in order to facilitate ergonomics, and ensuring all machinery is performing to the highest standard possible.
Other responsibilities include ensuring all workstations have passed USDA Inspection, promoting safety daily as well as through monthly safety meetings, and ensuring accurate shipments, rotation of inventory, and proper coding of products. Other duties include overseeing various processing operations and working with other supervisors in solving problems, keeping records of reworked or returned product, providing continuous education on the importance of quality, and performing other responsibilities as the need arises.
- Oversee QA and food safety Program in plant
- Manage and mentor QAFS Supervisors and Technicians
- Ensure quality procedures are being followed
- Interact with USDA inspector
- Report to Plant Manager
- BS required- food/poultry/meat science preferred
- 7+ years FSQA management experience in the food industry, poultry or USDA preferred
- Experience in a poultry processing plant preferred